Thursday 15 May 2008

Monday 12th May 2008



What a lazy day! We fully intended to move on today but decided that we had spare time in our planned itinerary, so we decided to stay another day. We spent the day relaxing, eating, drinking and chatting at length with Pat and Sandy – they are such good company. I had lots of blog entries to write but didn't get very far. The evening meal was spent watching the sea gently caress the shore and listening to one of my favourite folk music CDs – 'Warts an' All'. I can guarantee that, unless your name is Bossingham or Mill, you haven't got a copy of this CD. When we visited our great friends John and Sue Bossingham, John gave us this recording of his fiddle tunes. He was very modest about it but I wish that I could play anything like as well as he does. The music transports me back to their lovely house on the edge of Dartmoor and the fantastic walks that we have done with Sue, John and family on the moor. John regularly runs long distances over Dartmoor even in the snow and freezing temperatures. I hate running but love walking and John has, on many occasions, slowed down sufficiently to guide me on long walks in that beautiful area. There are so many options for walks directly from their house or just a short drive away, it really is paradise. I can honestly say that theirs is the only friend's house that I covet. I could live there quite happily, walking every day.
Photos: Our pitch at Camping Akrata Beach with Pat and Sandy's beautifully painted gates.

No comments: