Sunday 1 May 2022

Tuesday 26th April 2022 – Aginara Beach, Greece

 

Our last day in Aginara Beach was a quiet, relaxing one with the exception of a very pleasant interlude in the afternoon. I had asked Agelika about a few of her recipes and she offered to let me go into the kitchen to see something being made. At 14:00 I went to the kitchen and met Roula the chef. She took me through making Stifado – beef and onions in a tomato sauce. I have made this many times myself but it never tasted as good as Roula’s. There were quite a few differences from my recipe especially in the spices. Roula uses cinnamon sticks and lots of cloves and a huge amount of olive oil. I took notes of the recipe and will definitely be cooking it when I get home.

Photos: We had to have Stifado in the evening – Roula insisted that it was my stifado but I hadn’t lifted a finger to help in its production.


No comments: