Thursday 7 April 2022

Friday 1st April 2022 - Glifa, Greece

 A quiet day today, catching up on chores and enjoying our first full day in Greece for two and a half years. The weather was good and became pleasantly warm after a cool start. We had a very short walk along the beach just to see the sea, which was still rough.

After yesterday's excellent meal, we decided to go to the restaurant again tonight but I promised myself that I wouldn't have as much to eat this time. That was until I discovered the Agelica (our hostess) had cooked bamies (okra) as the special dish. That is another of my favourite Greek dishes and, again, difficult to find in tavernas, so I had to have it. Unfortunately, Jane is not keen on okra which meant that I had to eat it all. That wasn't a hardship but I also had beef cooked in orange juice (served with rice) to eat. I hadn't told Agelica that I was trying to eat a little less but she must have known as she brought out a large piece of spanotyropitta (spinach and cheese pie). I should also point out that every meal is served with chargrill toasted bread (with olive oil and salt) and lots of bread. For the second night, I couldn't face any of the bread. We finished another excellent meal with another free ouzo and we were absolutely stuffed, again!

Photos: The beach with Aginara Beach campsite on the left; We found lots of these balls washed up on the beach - I think that they are seeds designed to travel on the sea; The feast.




No comments: