Friday 5 October 2007

Tuesday 2nd October 2007

An unwelcome visit from a Mexican.
Everything was going so well, until the early hours of this morning! I had felt a little delicate yesterday but thought little of it. In the middle of the night my body decided to rid itself of something that I had eaten. I spent some time sat on the chemical toilet in our very small bathroom. It was the full deal – shivers, cold sweat, nausea and diarrhoea. Montezuma's Revenge had hit! Being a man, I felt very sorry for myself and required much tender loving care from my ever-loving and very patient wife.
By the afternoon I was feeling much better and was able to walk into Klosterneuburg with Jane to collect more supplies. Having survived that experience, I was also able to visit the nearby hotel with a cafĂ© that had WiFi Internet access. It was great to be able to get up to date with emails and use an English keyboard – the Czech keyboards are somewhat confusing, especially when all of the y's come out as z's.
No photographs today – probably a good idea under the circumstances.

No comments: